No, it is not. See the Instruction manual directory to start operating.
A: Calls in EU countries have per-second billing after 30 seconds, in other countries the calls have per-minute billing.
After inserting TravelSIM card into your device (phone or tablet,) please open “SIM Menu” that becomes available in phone settings. In order to send a text message, please choose “Send SMS” option in the “SIM Menu.
TravelSMS is generally available for sending to another TravelSim number. You can send to other numbers as well, but in this case we do not guarantee the delivery of your text message.
The service is available for TravelSim World customers in all the countries with free incoming calls. Calls are limited to 15 minutes.
Skype user should connect his phone number to his Skype account using the appropriate form. Additionally, Skype user should open incoming calls; it can be easily done by applying the settings via Tools -> Options -> Privacy settings -> Allow calls from “anyone”.
TravelSim customers do not need to activate mobile data or additional settings in order to make Skype calls; they only have to dial the number that is pre-bound to Skype ID preceded by prefix 800, i.e., the dialling format would be 800-country code-phone number. For example, the number +4915140000001 is bound to Skype. In order to dial Skype ID from TravelSim, a TravelSim customer has to dial the number in the following format: 8004915140000001;
A: 1. Sign in or Register.
2. Click “Buy”.
3. Follow instructions on the screen.
A: 1. Log in. Make sure that you have already added the TravelSim card(s) to your account.
2. Then click “Top-up online“.
3. Select the top up amount(s) and follow the instructions on the screen.
A: You can see the location of each TravelSim that belongs to your account from 100 up to 2000 meters accuracy.
To activate the feature:
1. Log in, click My cabinet and then Location Services.
2. Choose your number to get location and follow the instructions on the screen.
Please note that there is a 1€ charge per 30 days for this service in case of 100 requests package and a 5€ charge in case of 1500 requests package. The cost will be deducted from your balance.
A: Dial +49 3031199850 and press call. Or write to us: email@example.com
The first three minutes of the call from your TravelSim number to TravelSim support are free of charge. Regular rates apply from the fourth minute of the call.
A: TravelSim is a seamless callback service. You dial an international number from your phone as usual. TravelSim picks up your call, connects it to the number you dialed and calls you back, connecting the two ends of the line. This ensures that the call travels exclusively through our partner networks, generating up to 85% savings AND ensuring superior sound quality to boot, no matter where you are. Simple.
A: TravelSim is designed to work with all mobile phone handsets. Very few mobile phones will not work with TravelSim at all.
1. Locked phones TravelSim works only in unlocked mobile phones. When you insert your TravelSim in locked phone, you may see a message like this: “Restricted SIM”, “Insert correct SIM”, “SIM registration failed”. Please contact your handset provider to have the phone unlocked.
2. Some Samsung, LG, Blackberry and iPhone users might need to take the following steps: A. Find TravelSim menu in your phone menu (Main Menu on Blackberry, General – Phone – SIM Applications on iPhone) and choose “Settings” B. Press “YES” or “OK” C. Input “1101” and choose “OK” (there should be a message on the screen that says “CC OptionX: ON”). D. Go ahead and make calls as usual. To turn this option OFF, enter 1102.
3. A small number of handsets or older style phones (5 years +) may require a different dialling method when making calls with TravelSim. Try to dial in the following mode: *146* 00 country code, telephone number #. Press call.
A: TravelSim does not ‘age’. There are no maintenance fees and as long as you use the TravelSim card at least once a year, all your money will still be there.
1. Carefully punch out the SIM card from the plastic holder and insert it into your unlocked GSM mobile phone as instructed in the phone’s user manual.
2. Turn on your phone. If your phone prompts you to enter a PIN, enter the four-digit PIN code (it is provided on the plastic holder).
3. Your phone will now have a new number that works in over 200 countries with TravelSim World SIM card or in over 40 countries with TravelSim Europe SIM card! Let your friends, family and business partners know your new number and start saving up to 85% on international roaming charges!
A: TravelSim is compatible with Blackberry devices. You can make and receive calls as well as receive and send SMS messages.
You can also access the Internet, if you install a third party web browser, e. g. Opera or Bolt. Then enter travelsim.de GPRS settings in your Blackberry by selecting Menu – Options – Advanced Options – TCP IP.
TravelSim does not support Blackberry Data Service and hence you cannot send and receive emails or use Blackberry Messenger.
A: For Japan and South Korea your mobile phone should be 3G compatible. For the rest of the world – if your phone works at home it will work abroad (it should be compatible with GSM 800/850/900/1800/1900).
1. Dial ‘00’ or ‘+’ followed by the country code and telephone number. Press call.
eg. +44 20 1234 1234
UK LONDON SUBSCRIBER
eg. 0044 20 1234 1234
UK LONDON SUBSCRIBER
2. In a few seconds your telephone will ring. Answer as you normally would.
3. You will hear a dial tone, as travelsim.de connects your call.
A: To use the numbers in your phone’s memory ensure that you save the numbers with the international prefixes included.
eg. +44 20 1234 1234
UK LONDON SUBSCRIBER
eg. +1 212 234 1234
USA NEW YORK SUBSCRIBER
To call your TravelSim, one should dial + or 00 and your TravelSim number 372 XXXXXXXX. Your TravelSim number is written on the plastic holder of the SIM card. eg. 00372 51234567
The TravelSim service is provided from Estonia. This is why all TravelSim numbers have +372 country code. When someone is calling a TravelSim number, the call is charged like a call to an Estonian mobile (rates vary according to service provider).
A: Contact TravelSim Support to activate this feature for your TravelSim! Then your friends and business partners can reach your TravelSim number for free from Skype and Viber.
Skype and Viber users can call TravelSim numbers by dialing +372800XXXXXXXX, where XXXXXXXX is a TravelSim number (without 372). The call is free for Skype and Viber users. The cost of an incoming Skype or Viber call for TravelSim users is the incoming call rate in the host country plus 0.15EUR per minute. Get details here.
A: Do what you normally do.
A: When you use TravelSim for the first time, you will automatically receive configuration settings. To change settings manually, refer to your handset instructions and change the following:
- Access point name (apn) > send.ee
- User name > enter your travelsim.de number, eg. 37212341234
- Password > leave field blank.
A: The calling rates depend only on the country of your stay. E.g. if you stay in China, you pay nothing for incoming calls and flat per minute rate for all outgoing calls. It does not matter where you call: to China, or your home country, or anywhere else in the world.
However, there are a few destinations with additional rates. If you call from anywhere to one of these places, there is an extra rate addition to an outbound call price.
There’s special rate of €0.19 for outgoing calls to TravelSim numbers and to voicemail in the countries with free incoming calls. E.g. if you stay in Norway (where incoming calls are free), you call a friend’s TravelSim or your voicemail for just €0.19. Even if your friend is in a country with charged incoming calls.Text costs € 0.05 (with TravelSim Europe SIM card) and € 0.06 (with TravelSim World SIM card) in EU and in other countries mainly € 0.19 or € 0.35. Incoming text messages in all countries are free of charge.
You can download all rates in cost & coverage section. The prices are continuously falling, which means that you will be able to talk longer in the future for the same money.
A: Earn bonus miles with your TravelSim when you are travelling abroad and making phone calls. Choose from over 25 loyalty programs (OnePass by Continental, Marriott Rewards and many more) offered by MobileMiles!
You will earn 1 mile per each outgoing call. You will also earn 1 mile per each incoming call that is at least 1 minute long. For more information and registration visit www.mobilemiles.com
A: Call-Waiting can be enabled or disabled in the menu of your handset, please refer to the phone’s manual.
When the call-waiting feature is activated, the active call can be placed on hold while another incoming call can be picked up. After finishing the conversation the user can return to the first call. Moreover, it is possible to place the active call on hold, dial another number and after talking come back to the first call. Please note that if the feature is active and the user places the call on hold, both calls will be billed: the one that is active and the one that is placed on hold.
A: During the time between the trips, you can redirect calls coming to your TravelSim number to any international number. There is no additional cost for redirection to numbers in over 150 countries.
To activate call redirection
- with travelsim.de in your handset, dial *146*081*00-country code-phone number#, e.g. *146*081*0044123456789#
- you can now switch the phone off, all incoming calls will be redirected to the specified number.
To disable call redirection
- with travelsim.de in your handset, dial *146*080#.
A: You can install the ComfortCallback on your handset to hide the callback process when calling with TravelSim. Available for Android with ComfortCallback application.
A: TravelSim offers a voicemail service that handles incoming calls when the user is unavailable or busy. Download the full voicemail guide.
How to activate voicemail
- Dial 091 (or *146*091#) and press call.
- You will see on the screen “Voicemail activated”, the incoming calls will be redirected to your voicemail in case you cannot answer the phone.
How to deactivate voicemail
- Dial 090 (or *146*090#) and press call button.
- You will see on the screen “Voicemail deactivated”.
How to check the number of voicemail messages
- Dial 094 (or *146*094#) and press call.
- You will see on the screen “You have X new messages in your voice mailbox”.
How to listen to your voicemail messages
- Dial 095 (or *146*095#) and press call. You’ll see “Wait for call” and in a few seconds your phone will ring.
- Answer as you normally would and you’ll hear how many messages you have. Press 1 to listen to the messages.